Penetration Testing also known as “pentesting”, “pen testing”, “network penetration testing” or “security testing”, is the practice of organised attack on your own or your clients’ IT & network security infrastructure pretending as a hacker to identify security vulnerability. We have specialised team of penetration testing experts who can carry out internal and external pen test on network and application security infrastructure. We prepare a professional vulnerability assessment report on your pen test results to determine the possibility of any unauthorised access, malicious activates, and any possible exploitation that may hurt your organisation network and security assets. We operate in London and across the UK. We also provide SC Security Cleared penetration testers to meet your organisation security needs. Contact our managed penetration testing team to discuss you company security needs or ask for free no obligation quotation.
Goals of managed penetration testing
- Determine feasibility of a particular set of attack vectors
- Identify high-risk vulnerabilities from a combination of lower-risk vulnerabilities exploited in a particular sequence
- Identify vulnerabilities that may be difficult or impossible to detect with automated network or application vulnerability scanning software
- Assess the magnitude of potential business and operational impacts of successful attacks
- Test the ability of network defenders to detect and respond to attacks
- Provide evidence to support increased investments in security personnel and technology
Internal Penetration testing
In internal penetration test the actions of an internal attacker are replicated without causing any danger to the network and application infrastructure. The test addresses the IT system and infrastructure internal security weaknesses that can be potentially exploited by an attacker. The internal testing allows an organisation to address internal security weaknesses, to improve confidentiality, integrity, and availability in their internal network and application security infrastructure.
External Penetration testing
External penetration test simulates the actions of an external hacker through internet to identify vulnerabilities and security holes in the organisation’s network security and application infrastructure. External testing is deliberate & planned hacking action which is safe an under control. External pen test identifies potential threats, vulnerability, and weakness predominately in the network and internet security aspects of an organisation. External security testing is very useful practice to identify and re-mediate the external security weaknesses and to improve confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data, information, and IT security assets.
Testing & Vulnerability assessment
Vulnerability assessment is a process of analysing, identifying, defining, and classifying security holes and vulnerabilities in a computer, network and IT communication infrastructure through testing.
- Cataloging assets and capabilities (resources) in a system
- Assigning quantifiable value (or at least rank order) and importance to those resources
- Identifying the vulnerabilities or potential threats to each resource
- Mitigating or eliminating the most serious vulnerabilities for the most valuable resources
Penetration testing Operating Systems
- Kali Linux / BackTrack / Debian Linux
- Pentoo based on Gentoo Linux
- WHAX based on Slackware Linux
Penetration testing Softwares
- Metasploit Project
- OWASP ZAP
- Burp suite